Mathematics involves the study of patterns and relationships and provides a powerful, precise and concise means of communication. Mathematics is a creative activity that gives enjoyment and satisfaction for those who accept its challenges.
Kincumber High offers the full range of NSW Board of Studies curricula. Our mathematics programs are designed to develop mathematical skills and confidence in students commensurate with their level of ability. They emphasise the need to work hard and enjoy the studies of mathematics through investigation and logical reasoning, to solve problems and to communicate mathematically.
Kincumber Mathematics department aims for our students to:
- Apply, realise and understand the need for Mathematics and its relevance to life, employment and further studies etc
- Develop a degree of competence in operational skills and techniques.
- Be given an opportunity to succeed and develop self confidence.
- Be able to communicate mathematically.
- To apply mathematical techniques in both familiar and unfamiliar situations.
- Be actively involved in each mathematics lesson.
- Be imaginative and creative in their approach to a given mathematical situation.