Click above to go straight to the Wollongong High School of the Performing Arts Library Catalogue (if you are logged into the DoE portal)!
There is also a link to your library Catalogue through your Student Portal
Tips for using the catalogue
- When searching, just use keywords, the searching isn't as good as Google.
- Use the correct spelling, it can't guess your spelling like Google.
- If you only know the author's name, then click on Names, then type in the author's surname.
- Write down the Dewey number, eg: GLI, or 796.33 TAR.
- If you need help finding a book, ask Mrs Pfister, Ms Porter, or Ms Pike
- If you want a book reserved, ask one of us or email Mrs Pfister – email@example.com
What's a Dewey number?
How does a library keep track of hundreds of great books? The Dewey number system. Under this system, Fiction books are grouped together alphabetically by their author's surname. And Non-fiction books are grouped together by subject. Non-Fiction books start at 000 and finish at 999. They also have letters after the numbers, this is from the author's or editor's surname.
The Dewey Categories are:
000 General Knowledge: Computers, world records, UFOs
100 Philosophy and Psychology: Optical illusions, Witchcraft
200 Religion and Mythology: Bible stories, religions, Aboriginal dreamtime, Greek myths
300 Social Science and Folklore: Communication, education, law, sociology, transportation, folklore and fairy tales
400 Language: Grammar books, Language books
500 Science and Math: Experiments, mathematics, astronomy, chemistry, physics, geology, biology, dinosaurs,
600 Medicine and Technology: Human body, medicine, airplanes, space travel, cookbooks and domesticated animals such as dogs, cats, horses
700 Arts and Sports: Art, artists, how-to-draw books, crafts, origami, music, joke and riddle books, sports
800 Literature: Poetry, plays and classic literature
A800 Australian Literature: Australian Poetry, plays and literature
900 Geography & History: History, geography and travel, explorers
(Some of the information above from: http://www.breitlinks.com/dewey_for_kids.htm)